Tuesday, August 31, 2010

7 1/2 Months Post-Op and -38lbs

Well, it’s been quite a while since I’ve posted to this blog. Oh well, the important thing is I’m back now :-). Well as of today I am 7 ½ months post-op and I am down 38lbs. Now, I wanted to say “I am only down 38lbs” in that last sentence, however, I refrained. Even though I have not lost as much as I’d like, 38lbs is still a victory. I have never lost this much weight on any of my other weight loss attempts. The reason for the slow loss is obvious. I struggle with diet and exercise. It is not due to lack of restriction, because I do have restriction, it is due to my lack of discipline. It has been a challenging journey and I don’t know why, but I didn’t think it would be this hard. I have my good weeks and I have my bad weeks. But I’ve decided that as long as the scale is going down and not up, I will not complain. I have gone down a size in my pants as well as shirts and also a cup size in my bra (yay!). With that said, even though I’m not complaining, I am aware that I need to do better. I am taking this journey day by day and I just keep telling myself “I can do this; I did not lay on that table for nothing”. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment