Friday, February 5, 2010

3 weeks post-op- Exercise

Well I am exactly 3 weeks post op and so far I've lost 20 lbs.  That is a victory for me, however, 15 of those lbs were lost during my 2 week pre op liquid diet, which means that I've only lost 5 lbs since surgery.  I'm really not happy about that.  I believe it is due to lack of exercise.  I had a lot of pain after surgery so it took me a while to get back in the swing of exercising, however, this week, I'm back in the swing of things.  I've been walking at least 20 min. a day.  I know I need to bump that up to 30 min.  I borrowed a Zumba Fitness DVD from a friend so I'm going to give that a try.  I think my restriction is totally gone.  I know I can eat more, but I don't.  I still control my portions.  I have been having craving for "bad food" like crazy.  These cravings were not that bad at 1st and I think it's because I was scared to eat after surgery.  But now that I know I can tolorate food, I want food! (The bad kind).
Yesterday I started on soft foods, so today I ate chicken for the 1st time since before my pre-op liquid diet.  It was grilled chicken breast from Applebee's.  It went down perfectly. 
I've really been trying to stop eating after 7 or 8 and let me tell you, it has been my biggest challenge!  Thats when I really get hungry, after 8.  But I will keep trying and I know I will get there one day.

I wanted to share a recipe with you guys.  "CRUSTLESS QUICHE"  I made it and it's pretty good.  I've made it twice and I found that it is better if you sprinkle the cheese on top during the last few minutes of cooking instead of putting it in the mixture.  For some reason, the 2% cheese turns "gritty" and tastes horrible when mixed in the egg mixture.  This recipe is good for the "mushies" stage as well, however, you might want to omit the crab meat (or not)  :-)

CRUSTLESS QUICHE
3/4 cup egg beaters (I used the cheese & chives kind)
1 egg
2 sticks imitation crab meat (chopped)
1/2 cup 2% mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup milk
season to taste (I used seasoned salt & pepper)

Mix all ingredients, pour in small baking pan and bake 15-20 min or until egg mixture is firm
(you can even do this in a toaster over)
makes 4 servings

calories per serving- 105
protein per serving- 11

No comments:

Post a Comment